The Native Nations Institute for Leadership, Management, and Policy is pleased to offer its annual, two-day Executive Education Seminar titled, "Emerging Leaders," developed specifically for newly elected and aspiring leaders of Native nations.
This comprehensive seminar explores the realities of tribal governance, and the critical roles that leaders play in ensuring that their nations govern effectively. New or prospective leaders will receive practical knowledge and tools to help them meet the fundamental challenges of leadership, from developing the nation's political and legal infrastructures to mobilizing their constituents to play an active role in building a strong, sustainable nation. Specialized, intensive sessions on key governance topics will prepare seminar participants to begin the process of building their personal blueprints for leadership success.
The Emerging Leaders Seminar features:
• Panel presentations addressing tough governance challenges
• Q&A sessions with current and former Native leaders
• Focused discussions on strategic decision-making in Indian Country
Seminar Topics include:
• Why Are Some Native Nations More Successful Than Others?
• What I Wish I Knew Before I Took Office: Perspectives from Tribal Leaders
• The Challenges of Leadership: Ensuring Victory for Your Nation
• Engaging the Nation's Citizens and Effecting Change: Stories from Indian Country
• Strengthening Indigenous Governance: Implementation and Sustainability
• Financial Accountability and Planning from a Tribal Leader's Perspective
• Intertribal and Intergovernmental Relations
• Law and Sovereignty — Putting Tribal Powers to Work
• Sovereign Immunity: Walking the Walk of a Sovereign Nation
• Making Tribal Economies Work: The Policy Choices
Early registration fee paid on or before September 21, 2012 is $300; after September 21, registration fee is $350; on-site registration is $400. Registration for the "Nation Building" seminar includes instruction, seminar materials, two breakfasts, two lunches, and refreshment breaks. Certificates of Completion will be awarded to participants who attend the entire seminar from start to finish.
A block of rooms has been reserved under the name "Emerging Leaders"
at the discounted/tribal rate of $90.00 for our participants (not including
tax). To make reservations call 877-777-4212. Room block rate expires
September 21, 2012. Please Note: Rooms are not guaranteed for those
registering after September 21.
For more information, contact Akenabah Begay at firstname.lastname@example.org or
call (520) 626-0664.
PDF (356 kb)
PDF (1.5 mb)
Please Fax Registration Form to 520.626.3664 or
Email Registration Form to Akenabah Begay at email@example.com